A thousand years ago the people who lived at Chimney Rock depended on the plants around them for food, fuel, tools, housing, clothing, medicine, and art. The breadth and depth of their knowledge is almost unimaginable today. Join us for an introduction to some of the plant species that grow at Chimney Rock and their uses by ancestral Puebloan people. A brochure with color photos and information about the ancients’ uses of the plants seen on the tour will be provided to attendees. The tour includes the Great House Pueblo Trail (steep, rough trail with exposure to heights and drop-offs).
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Making a reservation through the call center or website is the only way to guarantee a spot on this tour. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, rain checks will be available. For details, please call the Visitor Cabin (970-883-5359) 9:00 – 4:00 Mountain Time.
- Arrive for check-in 7:45-8:00am
- Program is from 8:15-9:30am
- Arrive for check-in 5:00-5:15pm
- Program: 5:30-6:30pm
- $16.00/adult and $8.00/child (5-12)
- Considered a non-refundable donation.
- A booking fee applies to each ticket purchased online or through the call center.
Reservations strongly recommended. Limited space. Walk-ins on a first-come, first-serve basis.